Great Food Club celebrates the best food and drink independents and guides you to them. We launched in Leicestershire in 2010 and today continue to introduce discerning food lovers to the best independent food and drink growers, makers, bakers, brewers, cooks, chefs and retailers in the country.
We passionately believe these businesses make our villages, towns and cities better places to live in. Therefore we want to promote and celebrate them.
Our network of recommended businesses has grown and Great Food Club now covers 17 counties, has 18 regional editors searching for new businesses and over 11,500 card-carrying members who follow our recommendations and special member offers.
With our trusted logo and strong branding using bespoke watercolour paintings, Great Food Club only recommends businesses if they meet our simple yet effective criteria of “would we recommend this to our food-loving friends?”
There is no cost for a business to be included in our network. It is also free for members to join, giving them access to our recommendations and to selected offers.
All Great Food Club-recommended businesses appear on our website and also as a basic listing in the annual printed Handbook, free of charge.
Great Food Club members are engaged, supportive and highly active users of pubs, restaurants, coffee shops, farm shops and delis. They want to support good independent businesses and trust us to guide them to these places. Unlike many databases, GFC’s is made up entirely of food lovers who have been inspired to join the club, most often through word of mouth. Our membership has grown organically. We haven’t purchased any lists.
- 11,500 signed-up consumer members (growing at around 60 per week)
- 500+ Independent food & drink businesses in the GFC network
- 73% aged 45 or over
- 97% of members feel it is important to support food & drink independents
- 84% say the best thing about Great Food Club is either the fact it guides them to good places and producers or that it focuses on independents
GFC members: eating and spending
- 99% eat out at least once a month
- 79% eat out up to four times a month
- 62% will spend £30-£60 per head on special-occasion dining
- 87% spend £20-£40 on a midweek meal out
- 93% go on at least one short leisure break a year
- 66% go on 2-4 short leisure breaks a year
- *GFC Survey results January 2017 (1,100 responses)
Great Food Club’s reach
We have an active following through our website, regular emails and on social media.
- 10,000 Handbooks distributed annually
- 10,000 Unique users on the website/month
- 8,500 Email newsletter recipients
- 6,800 Twitter followers
- 2,900 Facebook audience
- 1,000 Instagram followers
Get in touch